Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Viva la vida

00F: We need to talk.

Me: Mmm. Can it wait? I'm a little busy right now....

00F: You're not busy. You're looking at geese on petfinder.com.

Me (closing my laptop): *sigh*

00F: So what's all this email I'm getting about you and Woglinde moving into the house? You know perfectly well that she doesn't want to live in the house. She likes it here in the barn.

Me: I know!!!! That's why I want to find her a replacement goose, so that she's not lonely when I move into the house!!!!

00F: Look, you know she does not want a replacement goose. OK? 

Me: Ummm.

00F: I don't have to remind you who snuggled with you when you were sick, do I? Who preened your feathers for you? 

Me: Woglinde?

00F: That's right. So you're not leaving her here, with or without a replacement goose.

Me: WAAAAAHHHHHH!

00F: Whoa! Calm down. Tell me, what is it that's so appealing about the house?

Me: *sniff sniff* Well, for one, the stereo....

00F: What?!

Me: I never get to play my Coldplay CDs up here!!!!! And if I lived at the house, I could play them all the time!!!

00F: Well, actually you couldn't.

Me: What??? Why not?

00F: Because I hate Coldplay.

Me: What?!?!?!??!?!!? That's not true!! You always play Coldplay in the car!!!!!!!!!

00F: Only when you're riding with me! And that's because I know you like them! I'm sorry, man. I couldn't deal with Coldplay playing all the time in the house. That would be a nightmare.

Me: *hiss!!!!*

00F: Look, if you had told me this earlier, we could have bought you a stereo to play up here in the barn.

Me: A stereo!!!!! My own? Really!!!!????

00F: Do you want to go pick one out this weekend? 

Me: *tail wriggle*

00F: Ok, then. Why don't you do a little research online before we go? I think you'll need one with an infinite repeat function.

Me: And a subwoofer?

00F: If you must.

Me: Viva la vida!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are gonna have the swingin'est musical bachelor barn pad of any goose I know! Maybe that 00F guy isn't so bad after all, eh Bos?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, 00F seems to have some redeeming qualities. A stereo? That's pretty generous of him, wouldn't you say? And I'm with him on Coldplay.

You have a somewhat cooperative human and a sweet, snuggly sister. You're a lucky goose, Bos.

Deedee said...

Hi Bos,
I love your blog from here in Fort Collins, Colorado. If you need any Tony Bennett CD's let me know.

Anonymous said...

Have fun picking out your stereo, Boz. Let me know how you like it. I don't have power in my pen (and just between you and I, I've always wanted a night light).

Anonymous said...

Pringles is with Flapper, Night lights are good!

Unknown said...

how is the stereo boz....
and if you need any cd's i can hook you up...can't wait to see you (and the stereo!)
Does woglinde like coldplay...
i heard she actually likes madonna...hmmmmm? i can have a chat with her on that for you while im there if you're not into that...but give it a try.. haha

Anonymous said...

Hey Bos,

Pringles has an idea for you. Pringles found a place on the computer called second life. You can build a house and have geese inside and do whatever you want. I tried to play but they gave me a goose costume and it was really a duck. They must think geese arent smart! I figured it out the minute i saw it, you cant get nothing past Pringles!

Anyway, maybe you can live in the house virtually if not literally.
I tried to post a photo but it wouldnt let me. Its in my myspace. its me in my duck costume tying to make nice with another goose who btw acts just like a statue.

Hope your feeling better Boswell. Pringles and his family thinks about you every day and hopes your having a good day.