Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Don't Understand Women

I really don't.

A couple posts ago, I recounted a conversation I had with 00F, in which I all but convinced him that it would be a great thing for both of us if I moved into the house. Reader comments were extremely supportive of this idea. In fact, many of you had helpful suggestions for amenities that I might enjoy! 

There was one exception, a certain "Shelly T," who suggested that I had a "pretty sweet set-up" in the barn. And that I should be happy where I am!!!!!!

What? Who could possibly say such a weird thing??!?!??!? And why?

Folks, I may not be the most tech-savvy goose in the blogosphere, but when I saw this, I knew "Shelly T" had to be my sister, Woglinde!!

The next morning I decided to confront her. "Look, sis.  I know you are 'Shelly T'. Why are you trying to sabotage my plans?!?!??!" 

She clucked and turned away from me. I knew she was going to start crying. Oh no!!!!





"Look here, Woglinde, don't cry!!!" I said. "You can get another goose to keep you company in the barn if you don't want to live in the house!!! I saw lots of them on Petfinder.com!!!!"

Nope. She doesn't want another goose. She wants me! Why????

"Woglinde, you're too good for me! You deserve better!! I'm a selfish jerk. Just look at this cool goose named Goliath!!!"

Nope. Nope. Nope. She wouldn't even look at the computer. 

Woglinde, I completely understand that you are a simple country goose, and that you want to live in a barn. But I want more! I want excitement! I want adventure! I want to go driving with my head out the window listening to Coldplay!!!! I want to watch the Daily Show before I go to bed! And I am not getting that in the barn!! Don't you understand?!?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, I'm not your sister -- although I'm sure she's quite lovely -- and secondly, it's "Shelley T," not Shelly T. (Picky, picky, I know. But how would you like to be called Boswall?)

All of that aside, why would you want to make your sister cry? At the very least, you might suggest to the no-feathered-one that BOTH you and Woglinde move into the house. Now, wouldn't that be grand?

-Shelley
http://cynicallife.com

Anonymous said...

Boswell, I agree with Shelley T that if you're going to move into the house, you should take your sister with you. How could you abandon her? She has stood supportively by you while you've rocketed to celebrity status, hasn't she?

Is that her picture? She's a sweetie. How could you make her cry? That's kind of mean, buddy.

Unknown said...

Boz boz boz...
i have emailed Shelley T...so I know first hand...she is very very sweet...and no she is not Woglinde...you silly goose ..haha.
And...I think Ms. Woglinde may enjoy Coldplay and Colbert as much as you..she's just a shy little angel..not the worldy celebrity goose you've become... so-- when you do make it into the the house...yep..don't forgot your "feed store roots" ...def take her with you buddy...I love you !!! PS. Tell OOF to get you air conditioning (for the barn) in the transition period prior to your move to the house. XXXXOOOO

Anonymous said...

Boz,

Your sister is a real cutie, I have heard that she is very nice to you. Is that true?

Anonymous said...

Auntie Laura,

Thanks for vouching for me. I think you're very sweet, too, and I hope 00F appreciates you.

-Shelley T

boontune said...

Bowell, you can come live with me in my house, you'll even have your own room! You can even come to work with me where my clients will no doubt spoil you rotten. Can you make it to Maryland or do you need a ride?