Sunday, July 13, 2008

No sharks!

Went kayaking again tonight in Fiddler's Pond. I'm getting a lot more comfortable way out in the deep water, but I'm still on the lookout for sharks. 00F says that no one has ever sighted a shark in a freshwater pond. I reply (quoting Donald Rumsfeld): "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

"Fine," says 00F, and starts humming the theme from Jaws, as he paddles out into even deeper water.


"I'll give you 10 seconds to stop that," I honk, "or I'm swimming off with your paddle." I guess he got the message, because then he started singing "Home on the Range" (my favorite song!!!!). Things cooled down after that. 00F just needs to be reminded who's the boss once in a while.


When we got back to shore, we met a family that was fishing. (There aren't that many fish in Fiddler's Pond, but I was not going to be the one to tell them that!) They were an extremely nice family, although I'm not entirely sure why the woman told me she hit a goose with her car. Ouch!! I don't even like to think about things like that!!! You can imagine my relief when she said she did not live in Connecticut!!!!!!

They had a girl named Payton. (Cool name! I'm naming our next gosling Payton!!) Payton was super-sweet and not at all afraid of me! I let her pet my ticklish spot on my chest. Payton, I like you!!!!! Write to me, ok?!?!?!?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Boswell,
I wanted to let you know I did not hit the goose, it ran into the side of the my car. I also wanted to remind you the goose was fine and walked away. We enjoyed meeting you today, it was the highlight of our fishing trip, and we caught two fish. We look forward to reading your future blogs.

Payton's Mom

Unknown said...

Yo Mr. Boz...
I texted you this morning...is OOF keeping those from you now..??
I love you XXOOO and we heard about you on NECN again...!! Anyway you can get hooked up with a TV in the barn???? Hope to visit you sooooooon!
(btw. I hope I'm not in the same category as "NAFOB"!)

Anonymous said...

Bos, I think it's wise to look out for danger lurking, even in freshwater ponds. After all you've survived, it would be a shame to be devoured by a shark. Also, I saw you on the NECN clip and I love how you ruffle your feathers (in a good way) when you see your owner. You're a star.

Anonymous said...

Bos! I love coldplay tooo! I'm goin to a concert this weekend! hope your doin well bos, love you. tell everyone i say hi!