Monday, November 24, 2008

Holiday preparations













00F
: Oh, that's a nice picture! Is that Dr. Mayer?

Me: Yes, that's Dr. Mayer and his wife, Dr. Janet. I need you to do a little Photoshop work on it.

00F: Sure. No problem. What do you need?

Me: I was thinking a Christmas wreath around my neck....

00F: Hmm. OK.

Me: And can you put a reindeer outside the window, looking in?

00F: I guess.... Do you mind if I ask what this is for?

Me: My Christmas cards!!!

00F: Christmas cards!? I don't know how geese do Christmas cards, but with humans, it is customary to use a picture of your own family! I'm not trying to elbow my way onto your card, but don't you think AT LEAST your sister would like to be represented in your holiday greeting?

Me: That's a great idea! Can you Photoshop her in too?!?!?

00F: Maybe we can take a real picture and forget the Photoshop. You can have whoever you want in it. I think there is something to be said for authenticity in holiday pictures, don't you?

Me: I guess, but where are we going to get the reindeer?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might know where you can find some reindeer...

http://flickr.com/photos/tifotter/2990032387/

Looking good, Bos. Lookin' good.

XOXOX & love,

Tiff (Flapper's human)

Unknown said...

try onepennypost.com for real christmas cards with your own photo

Dawn said...

As much as I love ya, Bos, I have to say, sometimes it's not all about you. Your sister needs to be included, too. How come she's not featured on your blog more often? Do you not want to share the spotlight?

That's not very gentlemanly of you. OK, ganderly. I for one would like to see more pictures of her, and hear what she has to say.

I agree with 00F: authenticity in the Christmas card is key.

Monsieur Mouton said...

Authenticity is what it's all about, Boswell. Christmas is such a show of the inauthentic, these days, that you have to take a stand on this one. I agree about including Woglinde. You can't leave her out. It's the season of good will. As to the reindeer............I'll watch this space.

Planetary Citizen said...

I discovered "The Daily Honk" this summer and from time to time, I check in. I want to say that I really love this blog, and I love Boswell, too. Rooting for him.

Anonymous said...

Hi Boswell,

Are you getting your sister a Christmas gift? Maybe a large box of chocolates? I think she favors arugula flavored truffles.

Have you made you Christmas list yet?

Take care!

Love you!!!!

Lenny said...

Glad you're back, Boswell! We were pretty caught up in the election too. Did you find any reindeer?

My mom decided to go back to school to be a vet so she is super-interested in reading more about all your treatments.

Your friend, Lenny

Anonymous said...

I think you should change your blog to "the quarterly honk."

Hope you're doing well!

XOXOX

Mr Flapper Duck

Anonymous said...

boswell! i hear you've got your own line of barilo wine now???? congrats, happy holidays and is this now the YEARLY HONK? write something already!!!!!!! we miss you ! we love you
love auntie laura