Monday, November 17, 2008

Why are these people smiling?

I tend to be a big picture guy. So when I was all but consumed by our presidential election, I neglected to focus on my own insignificant little life. And then, as you might well imagine, my email went completely out of control.

To all those of you I ignored:
my friends, I owe you an apology. I am staying up past midnight every night responding to each and every one of you personally!!!!!!

Here's an item that caught my attention. It contained a photo of two hot techs and a vet student at Tufts Veterinary School, with a bound, gagged, and comatose goose, which I gather is ME!!! I quote the email in its entirety:


Hi Boswell,

I work at TUFTS as a technician in the nuclear medicine department. Myself and another technician did your bone scan last week and we took a picture of you with us while you were sleeping away peacefully, while your bone scan was in progress. I will attach the photo for you and your Dad 00F. I hope you like it.

I am sure you do remember me since I had to check you the next morning to make sure you were not radioactive with our Geiger counter. You thought that silly looking thing was scary since you kept hissing at it, after I told you it was not going to hurt you you were fine and went back to eating. Well Boswell I hope there were no hard feelings about having to keep you overnight since you were radioactive. Do you know what we call animals when they are radioactive? We call them "Hot" and you are one "hot goose".
Good luck and we can not wait for you to get better!

Take Care

Jillian

P.S. If you do not remember our names Jill is on the far left, Kay is in the middle and a vet student is on the far right.


Thanks for the picture, Jillian. Of course, there are no hard feelings. I actually thought your Geiger counter was a cell phone. Call me old-fashioned, but I have a zero tolerance policy on cell phones. When I have friends over, I insist that all cell phones are turned off and out of sight!

Now regarding that picture: If you call that "sleeping away peacefully," you have seen one too many installments of "Saw"!!!!!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I heard that, shortly after this photo was taken, they put Groucho glasses and a spinning bow tie on you. I'm still waiting for that picture.

Kidding, Bos.

Anonymous said...

Holy arugula, Boswell! That doesn't look "sleeping peacefully" to me, either!

They are cute, though. And they did call you "hot." I hope you got extra treats out of the deal. Or that stereo you've been wanting.

XOXO

Flap

Anonymous said...

Hi Boswell,

How nice of Jill to send you the picture.

Hope you are feeling a lot better.

We have to talk soon about Sarah Palin.

Oh, think about this!!! Maybe you could help pick out the puppy for the Obama girls. Wouldn't that be a great idea. You would probably get invited to the White House as a special thank you.

Let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

I don't know, Bos ... that picture makes you look a little hippy. Couldn't they have sent along a more flattering photo?

Aw, just kiddin'. You know you're the hottest goose around, Bos, and I just don't want you getting a swelled head. ('Cause that could make you top-heavy and likely to tip over.)

Monsieur Mouton said...

Funnily enough, Shelly, the tipping over thing has been a bit of a theme for the delectable Boswell. When I first knew him, back in his gosling days, he was a little unstable.

Check him out(cute or what!)for yourself:

http://talkingpractice.blogspot.com/2007/05/goose-engine.html#links

And don't you listen, Boswell, to anyone who suggests you aren't the coolest of geese, even if you have been a bit on the radioactive side, recently.

Say Hi to Mark for me. (I think you're both very photogenic, by the way, now you're both on TV).

Take care
Mouty

Anonymous said...

Hi Boswell, Jill here, I promise we did not put Groucho glasses and a bow tie on you as Dawn said. We only put you in a pink ruffle tu-tu and danced around the room to ballet music with you, but our camera stopped working so unfortunatley we do not have pictures. Even your doctor had fun dancing with us.
Well, Boswell take care of yourself and 00F and the rest of your family. Be sure to keep your cholesterol in check you silly goose!

~Jill