Sunday, November 9, 2008

Overheard in a Bar on the Lower East Side

Man (sitting down at bar; speaking to a goose sitting to his right): Hey there. What are you drinking?

Goose: A Nosedive.

Man: What's a Nosedive?

Goose: Grey Goose vodka and arugula leaves.

Man: Hi bartender. 2 Nosedives please. (To goose:) I guess you're a little bummed out.

Goose: A bit.

Man: Well, at least you did your best. I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.

Goose:
Yeah, well....

Man: I know you had a little crush on Sarah Palin, and while she and McCain weren't my choice, I'm really proud of all the hard work you did campaigning in the last few months.

Goose: Lot of good it did. (Wistfully) There was just something about the way she winked at me....

Man: I'm not sure that Sarah Palin could actually see you when you were watching her on television. I don't think television works that way.... So what's this I heard about you biting Henry Kissinger at a fund-raiser?

Goose: He offered me a foie gras canape!!!! What would you have done??!?!?

Man: Couldn't you have just said, "No thank you"?

Goose: That wouldn't have had the same impact. Anyway: Mrs. Kissinger was totally sympathetic and apologized profusely for hurting my feelings with her menu.

Man: Was that before she took her husband to the emergency room or after?

Goose: Before.

Bartender: 2 Nosedives!

Goose (wriggling tail feathers): Thanks! (Takes a sip and sprays vodka everywhere.) Yum!

Man: These are good! You know, I don't even remember the last time I saw you. Ever since you trimmed down to your flying weight, you're never around.

Goose: Lots to do.

Man: Well, I'm hoping you have a little more spare time now that the election is over. I heard you had an appointment at Tufts last week. How did that go?

Goose: Not bad. My cholesterol is up again.

Man: What does that mean?

Goose: Not sure. We're doubling my Soloxine dose for now.

Man: OK. Did you see Dr. Mayer?

Goose: He was home because he just had knee surgery. So I flew by his house on my way back. His wife, Dr. Janet, was there and she made me grapes and spinach.

Man: You hate grapes and spinach.

Goose: I know. But I ate some anyway.

Man: I'm glad you didn't forget your manners. How was Dr. Mayer's knee?

Goose: He was hobbling around a bit, but I think he is recovering nicely.

Man: Good. Look, I don't know how to put this, but I really have missed you. Do you think we can be friends again now that the election is over?

Goose: Well....

Man: If you drive home with me, we can listen to Coldplay.

Goose: Actually, I don't really like Coldplay. I was just pretending that I did so people would think I was cool.

Man: You don't need to like Coldplay for people to think you are cool!

Goose: Really???


Man:
Of course not! So what you are you really listening to?

Goose: Well, there is this one song....

Man: Go ahead.

Goose: I think it's called the 'Mexican Hat Dance'.

Man
(looking at iPhone): Wow! There are a lot of versions of that! Do you know which one you like?

Goose: I think it's a rabbit that sings it.

Man: Bugs Bunny!??! You like that?

Goose: Do you?

Man: Are you kidding? I love it! Downloading it now.... We can play it all the way home.


Goose: Cool!!!

Man: Friends?

Goose: BFF!!!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Bos! I missed you, buddy. Flapper's mom told me that you were doing well, so I wasn't worried. Did 00F go on vacation without you again? What is up with that guy?

The less said about your politics, the better. Let's just agree to disagree, eh Bos?

Did Kissinger really serve foie gras? I hope you left lots of little "donations" on his lawn.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you again, Bos! Thanks for leaving a note on my blog. Good luck with that darn cholesterol. I think vodka and arugula will help.

Quacks and honks,

Flap

Unknown said...

yay a post, i was getting very worried 8(

Ducks said...

Hooray! <3 Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Boswell,

Really missed you. Glad you're back.

About Sarah Palin, oh well, I'll give you my opinion another time.

Take care, little friend!

Anonymous said...

sarah palin boz??????...time to rid yourself of that pesky crush...ugh gag argh BLAH...i also hear she has a scarf, made of ...ummmm feathers....yes..i said feathers. is that reason enough to start the feigning over hilary? madeline kunin? i think you look smashing in your bone scan pic...i wish u could come for thanksgiving....we're having a meatless dinner !!!! i miss you...give your sister a big kiss and honk hug from me!!!!!! love auntie laura xxoo muah