Monday, February 8, 2010

Don't call me "Boswell"

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their kind words about my sister, Woglinde, who died two weeks ago. I really appreciate all your cards. And I really am doing much better.

Here's a picture taken at my last chemo treatment at Tufts last week.

Don't get me started on the crown. All I have to say about that is: When someone insists that the crown they are trying to stick on your head actually belonged to Ivan the Terrible, don't believe it!!!!

Actually what I want to call to your attention is a despicable practice that permeates the entire veterinary industry. Look closely at the upper right corner of the whiteboard in the background and you will see:
"Tucker." "Rose." "Barclay."

"But 'Boswell,'" you might be saying, "what on earth is wrong with
putting quotation marks around pet names???"

The implication, my friend, is that this is not the real Tucker, but merely a rabbit who thinks he is Tucker. And that this rabbit has somehow persuaded you, his hapless owner, of that as well. So to humor you and your rabbit, we will call him (wink wink) "Tucker." Until you leave the building, that is, when we start calling him Mr. Rabbit.

I'm putting my foot down on this one, and refusing to acknowledge anyone that calls me "Boswell."

Just call me Boswell. Thanks!

4 comments:

Yellehs said...

You're looking quite regal there, Bos, but unless Ivan was a Terrible Goose, I can't imagine that thing would have fit him nearly as well as it fits you. I hope you really are feeling better, but I know grieving doesn't just magically end so easily, so I'm thinking of you and 00F and wishing you both well.

Seoul Brother said...

Quite regal indeed, and may I say dignified, good sir. I hope the doctors realize what a gross faux pas they made.

By the same token, can I refer to "George W. Bush" actually as Twinkie Brain?

Dawn said...

I suspect a plot by 00F. He wants you to think it's chemo, but it's really just a scheme to photograph you with a coffee can on your head.

I know. I hate misuse of quotes, too. As in:

NO "HONKING"
Fine $300

Seriously.

Anonymous said...

how's boswell doing?