Friday, January 8, 2010

The Very Secret Life of Animals



The Starbucks on Chapel Street in New Haven. A man and a goose sit at a small table near the window. The goose sips a soy latte; the man, an espresso.

Goose:
Oh dude! Did I tell you about my television gig?!?!?

Man: Umm, which one?

Goose: I was on that reporter chick's show!!!

Man: "Reporter chick"?

Goose: The hot one.

Man: The hot reporter chick.... I wonder if that's on her business card.

Goose (scrolling through iPhone address book): What is her name!! Oh here: Vicki Croke!

Man: Vicki Croke? I was on that show with you, man! I was sitting right next to you!!!!

Goose: OMG! I thought you must have been another guest who was on before me. Possibly someone with autism. Did you say anything?

Man: A couple things.

Goose: I couldn't hear a word you said!! You need to E-NUN-CI-ATE! Say this: "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain."

Man: It looked like you did well. Did you enjoy yourself?

Goose: Enjoy!?!? It was a celebration!!! Did you check out that green room?

Man: Green room? They had me in the employee snack room....

Goose: What a crib!! They had three-story columns carved from pink Florentine marble. The capitols were lotus blossoms and laminar fountains were shooting between the blossoms!!!

Man: I'm having trouble picturing that....

Goose: And table after table covered with authentic medieval tapestries! Rare and tasty bitter greens in solid gold bowls! Vintage French pond-water in wading pools!

Man: Well, they did have free coffee in the employee snack room.... Regular AND decaf!!

Goose: And those peacocks!! Where did they learn to dance like that? Is there a school for poultry that teaches exotic dancing??

Man: My head is spinning. Hey, did you get any pictures?

Goose: Of course not!! Photography was strictly prohibited! Oops! Now that I think of it, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about this place.... Do I need to kill you?

Man: Nope. I just erased this whole conversation from my brain.

9 comments:

Lemon the Duck said...

You are one handsome guy! My heart was all aflutter. Happy New Year my feathered friend!
Quacks,
Lemon

Anonymous said...

Boswell,

So happy to see you have started your blog again. We love you.

Anonymous said...

You look Amazing on camera. Many prayers are around you and your family. Happy new year Boswell!!!

Boswell said...

Thanks, Lemon! Happy New Year to you!

Yellehs said...

Boswell, I just saw your latest appearance on TV and I am so happy to know that you're doing so well! And you're still *extremely* telegenic ... but then again, so is your human. :o) Keep up the great teamwork, Boswell and Mark, and I hope to see more updates here on the blog in 2010!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see and hear about you Boswell,
you look fantastic!!!

Keep up the fight dude..

Anonymous said...

Boswell and Mark,
Two wonderful guys and a truly inspirational story & relationship!
Just wanted you to know you also have friends 'down-under' in Melbourne, Australia, thanks to a great friend in Boston who told me about you. Wishing you both all the best for the future.
Warm regards,Carol, & friends of the feathered variety in Oz.

LA said...

Just saw the show and your story today on NECN. Love that you appreciate being read to. How wonderful you have such a dedicated human. Most of them aren't you know . . .

Dawn said...

Bos! I'm so happy to see you and to know that you're doing well. I was worried about you.

Be good to 00F.

Love ya, cutiegoose. Honk honk!!