Friday, August 1, 2008

Mayor Bloomberg, we need to talk....


Are there any sounds more beautiful than the honking of a goose? And if you have to think, let me tell you, the answer is "absolutely not."  

And yet... my friend, Dawn, found this street sign on Dyer Avenue between 41st and 42nd Streets, in New York City. 

She writes: 

Frankly, this is discrimination against geese, and you don't have to take it. "Don't honk"?! What be will next? "Don't eat the grass"? Or "Don't bite the humans!" Appalling!

Thank you, Dawn. Is it discrimination or just bad taste in music? I'll let you know....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything for you, Bos. Let me know what Bloomberg says.

Anonymous said...

They have no talking signs in libraries sometimes. Maybe there is a library on that street.

I just had the chance to watch your video, Boswell. You and your owner are special creatures! I really hope that the chemo will keep working for you.

Seoul Brother said...

That part of NYC is on the butt end of Port Authority Bus Station and is just on the edge of the ever-gentrifying Hell's Kitchen. It's not what I would call a "reading is fundamental" neighborhood, but more of a "spare change?" or "give me my damn frappacino" neighborhood.

Unknown said...

my people are talking to bloombergs people bos... no fines for ignorance ...yet a fine for honking?????? whasssssssssup with that????